In my web page I have written code that writes to a table in Oracle 9i. What I find is add ing or querying the table in Oracle is very slow. I tried doing the same with SQL server database and the process if 5 times faster than Oracle. In the Oracle or SQL table I have not created any indexes / primary keys, but still I find the SQL is way faster than Oracle.
Is there any way that I could improve the speed in Oracle? My table has 3 columns (PRVal, FACVal and UserID). And when the user is selected from the web page I retreive the values from the database, using a direct sql (no pl/sql stuff here, as I am new to Oracle). I use OleDBConnection, OleDbCommand and OleDbReaders classes to access Oracle data.
I am goig to execute an oracle store procedure using C# through through ODP.NET. The store procedure executes succsfully but it does not return any value in the out parameter.
When I execute the same store procedure with the same input parameteres from within SQL*Plus. It does return values.
This is to be clearify here that in the oracle store procedure the data type for the out parameter is number and in the c# the variavle that will hold its value is Integer. I also tried using Long on the C# side but it is still not working. After the successfull execution of the store procedure the C# variable contains nulll value.
As the title says I have a Win 7 64 bit dev machine, Win 2K3 32 bit production box and I run against Oracle 10g which Oracle clients do I need to run? Do I need to run the Oracle 32 and 64 bit clients? And if so what versions?
I need to find a way to connect to the remote Oracle server without a DSN. There are some practical problem for accessing the server using a DSN. I need a way to connect to Oracle server like I connect to SQL Server etc. For example, in SQL server, I can connect directly with server using Servername (IP adress) + Username + Password + DB Name. Any way to connect to the Oracle server like in SQL Server we do ??
I have an Asp.net web application targeting .Net2.0 and my databse is oracle, I used SqlDataSource Control to communicate with oracle database its working fine on my development server, but on my production Oracle is 64 bit so im getting an error like
"<asp:ControlParameter doesnot have a property DbType="Int32"> " i tried with Int64 also but still im getting the same error
following is the markup of sqldatasource i used < asp:SqlDataSource ID="sdsEmployees" runat="server" ConnectionString="User Id=user;pwd=user1;server=prod" ProviderName="System.Data.OracleClient" SelectCommand="GetEmployeeInfo" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure" OnSelecting="sdsEmployees_OnSelecting"> <SelectParameters> <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="txtNumber" DbType="Int32" /> </SelectParameters> </asp:SqlDataSource>
i am doing cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();I am able to get the number and varchar2 values from output parameters. But i am unable to get output from Ref Cursor. (How can i get this...)If i use dataadaptor then i am getting the datatable in the dataset(but i am not getting the other two parameters(where will get the other two??)...
Its related to datatable in gridview store in session and then session retrive and store to database. basically i am using gridview here creating new row for button click and these row adding untill user's last entry then submit all these entry to database. so i want to use session variable to store this data temporarily and after final entry user click on submit button and all data shold be save in db.
I am developing a web application with back end as Oracle. I call the procedures from web application when ever some update, create or delete for the records needs to be performed. How to maintain the connection in these scenarios.
Can I open the connection and maintain it through out the application till user logs out?
I've developed a web app in Visual Studio 2008 using ASP.NET which connects to an Oracle database and a separate SQL Server 2005 database in the same application.
I want to convert this application to use SQL Server only. I have copied the Oracle tables that I need to SQL Server and am in the process of converting the SQL queries from Oracle format to SQL Server format.
I have also modified all the Connection Strings in web.config to point to the SQL Server database now and not the Oracle one.
However I have come across a problem. The TableAdapters are configured to use the OracleClient in the declarations code behind the scenes, i.e. it is "hard coded". But this causes problems of course while modifying/saving queries, because I don't want any trace of Oracle in my new web app.
The only thing I can think of is to delete all my TableAdapters and re-create them all.