I am trying to implement a feature for my web site for library access. Normally users access the site with http://www.famnet.net.nz. This => a welcome/logon page, you may decide to register, etc etc. I programmed access from http://www.famnet.net.nz/library.aspx?userid=testlibrary. This URL (or one like it) is intended to be a link on a web page within a library: clicking the link opens the site with the user already logged on as "testlibrary", with some differences in function compared with an individual logon. This all works perfectly in my testing, using Firefox. However it does not work with IE7. I programmed diagnostic statements that should appear from all paths: but these don't appear with IE7 (but they do with Firefox).
I use the following code to write cache header on *.png requests:
response.Buffer = false; response.BufferOutput = false; // Emit content type and encoding based on the file extension and // whether the response is compressed response.ContentType = MimeMapping.GetMimeMapping(physicalFilePath); if (mode != ResponseCompressionType.None) response.AppendHeader("Content-Encoding", mode.ToString().ToLower()); response.AppendHeader("Content-Length", count.ToString()); // Emit proper cache headers that will cache the response in browser's // cache for the default cache duration response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.Public); response.Cache.AppendCacheExtension("must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate"); response.Cache.SetMaxAge(DEFAULT_CACHE_DURATION); response.Cache.SetExpires(DateTime.Now.Add(DEFAULT_CACHE_DURATION)); response.Cache.SetLastModified(lastModified);
But every time I refresh the page which contains the PNG URL, it will post to web server again. It seems that the cache header not work, and worse, it make the browser cache not work too. I am using asp.net mvc.
I have had an issue with someone who can't see the font colors of the labels on their screen, they are always black. he is using firefox on a MAC, chrome on mac works fine, but the firefox doesn't. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for it?
I'm using ASP Menu .... It Works fine in IE ...but The Problem in Fire fox ... i put the asp menu inside Table Cell and I give Alignment Property for that cell to be right .....the Alignment for Childs in IE is Right Correct but in FireFox is Left :-( so how can I change the alignment for Childs to be Right and to work in Firefox
Compiled the code and ran it under IE. Ideally, it should work like the demo in [URL], but in reality, it only displays unordered list in plain view. (If you download the solution file and run it, you should be able to repro this as well). Next, tried with FireFox, not working either, same result as IE. Finally, when I try it under Google Chrome 4.1 (lastest version), and the script displays just fine.
I am using update panels with Update mode conditional in by aspx page. The page is functioning properlly in the IE.8.0 but the page content is not posting when i open it in the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
FYI I am using Update panels for drop down lists and buttons and in the triggers also i am using similar controls.
I have a GridView that is inside a Web User Control, that is inside an ASPX Page, that is wrapped by the Master Page.
Inside a GridView, I have a template field with DateTime type that has a TextBox inside EditTemplate. I extended this TextBox with CalendarExtender and it works ok in Internet Explorer.
I also have a DetailsView control on the same WebControl that I use to Insert new enrty. InsertTemplate for this field is the same as in GridView (Textbox with Calendar extender).
The problem occures when i click on the Edit link (or try click on the link that displays DetailsView in Insert mode for adding new entry) in any other browser: Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
The problem itself is that the calendar extender does not get poped out. I have a UpdateProgress Control on an ASPX page, that thie control is loaded into, that shows loading image while page is being posted back asynchronously.
In internet explorer the loading image is shown for jst a moment and then dissapears. Calendar extenders works perfectly.
As for the other browsers, the loader does not dissapear and none of ths postback links are working, as if it was waiting for the previous postback event or something else to finish. Finally I have to reload the page to get to the inicial stage or click a direct URL link to get somewhere else.
this code does not work in any other browser other than Internet Explorer, I could tell that happens, I've seen that in MVC2 was a known bug, I thought I updated to MVC 3 this was corrected, but still the same.The problem itself is that it shows as null ActionResult and I have no idea how to detect, the code I use is: